Tuesday, January 19, 2010

37 Weeks - 11th Appointment

Today was my weekly appointment with an ultrasound. I gained 3 pounds according to their scales, 1 pound according to mine. (I still like mine better since it is a morning weight. These afternoon appointments are killing me!!!) Camden is head down, face down and he was holding onto his foot while we were looking at him. His heart rate was 128 and they had a hard time getting good head measurements since he is sitting low. They estimated his weight at 5 lbs 8 ounces, which measures small. His kidneys looked great, as well as his abdomen and spine. When Dr. D came in my room, she informed me that he is in the 11th percentile for growth, based on his head measurements, but they don't get concerned until it is 10th percentile or less. She said his femur measurement were in the 15th percentile. My fluid levels were good and not concerning to her. She said that she was not concerned with his measurements because since his head is so far down, it is hard for them to get good measurements and as long as he was progressing and my fluid levels stayed good, she was fine with his measurements. She said that they do not do growth measurements weekly, usually every 3 weeks, so next week she would do another ultrasound, but basically just to measure my fluid to make sure it was still good. When she did my check, she said I was 1 almost 2 cm - ugh - I was hoping for a good 2!!! She left the room and had me get dressed and said she would come back in to discuss an arrival date for Camden.

Now up until recently, I had pretty much decided that I did not want to be induced, that I would rather Camden just come on his own. But, Shane is doing his student teaching this semester and is only allowed to miss 3 days the whole semester. Now, Shane had pretty much decided that Camden needed to arrive on a Friday - like that would just happen on its own -that way he could miss just one day since my mother will be here, and then if need be he could miss two other days sometime during the semester. So I had Friday, February 5th in my head. When Dr. D came back in the room, she suggested Thursday, February 4th (it all has to do with her call schedule). I told her that was fine with me. I figure Shane can miss two days at that time and we will just cross any other bridge we need to the rest of the semester. So now it is becoming more and more real to me that unless he decides to come earlier, which I do not forsee, then he will definitely be here February 4th. It is a bit overwhelming, but very exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment