Sunday, January 10, 2010

35 Weeks 5 Days

Today we had a shower given to us by some of our church friends. It was so very nice, and Shane's Maw Maw, as well as his aunt Manya, cousin Ronya, and aunt Carol were able to attend. It is so nice to live close to some of his family that were able to attend, because in the past they have lived too far away to be able to attend different things. We received lots of great things!! We are so fortunate to be part of a great church family who blessed us not only with gifts today, but who have also blessed us through out our time here with their friendship and support.

Maw Maw, Me, Manya, Carol and Ronya


Delicious Cake




The neatest diaper cake - Amy Sims made two of these and they were full of diapers and wrapped with receiving blankets!

While I was at the baby shower, Shane repainted the accent wall in Camden's room. I really have not discussed his nursery up until now, but his bedding is called Cooperstown, and has a very subtle baseball theme - which is perfect, I think. We needed to paint one of his walls because the comforter that was on Connor's bed was navy blue and rubbed off on the wall and so we needed to paint over it. Well, there is a website that had his bedding and recommended a baby blue as a color to use. So, Shane painted the wall that color, which truly is a pretty color, but I didn't think it went with his espresso bed or with the bedding. I was not pleased, so after much coercing, Shane mixed up some different colors and had me choose which one I wanted. I chose a rust color he mixed up that matches a color in Camden's bedding. I LOVE it and he did a great job, as he always does with painting. I am much more pleased with it!!! Now, if I could just get Connor's bed out of there........

No comments:

Post a Comment