Monday, January 18, 2010

36 Weeks 6 Days

Tonight was the last of our birthing classes, which we were to bring 2 pillows and a blanket. So Shane and I headed to the hospital with the mentioned items and in the room were about 15 couples who were set in a "U" pattern. Shane and I ended up at the bottom of the "U" so the teacher basically was always looking at us and really seemed to be just talking to us the whole time. Anyway, it was time to learn how to breath and she explained what we needed to do. The first time, she acted as our coach and we 'breathed through a contraction'. Well, next it was time for our own coaches to instruct us how to breathe through the contraction. So, of course it is quiet in the room as every one's coaches are quietly telling them what to do, when in my ear I hear my husband tell me "Deep cleansing breath in" in some tone of voice I have never heard in my life. I can't even describe the tone to you, but it was priceless. I just busted out laughing and could not stop through the whole contraction. So, in front of the whole class, the instructor says to us, "Did I not explain well enough what to do or how to do it?" Oh yes, she calls us out in class!! I told her "No, it is just my husband." She laughed and said she figured as much, but was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. So, she wanted to try it again. I looked at Shane and told him to not use that tone with me, talk to me normal - as were both still laughing. He tried to tell me it was his "coaching" voice - whatever!!!! I have heard his coaching voice and I can assure you this voice I heard come out of him was not that!!! If I can just remember this evening while I am truly having contractions - maybe I can laugh my way through them!! : ) Needless to say, we laughed a lot on our way home about this!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying to imagine what his "coaching voice" is...Do you want him to yell at you? Bark orders? HA! I can understand why you busted out laughing. And trust me. Nothing about labor is "textbook."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Libba, it was this soft, almost relaxing voice, which I guess would be fine if I had ever heard that voice before, but it is not his "norm". I laugh every time I think about it!!

    ReplyDelete