Tuesday, January 12, 2010

36 Weeks - 10th Appointment

It is so hard to believe that we have 4 weeks or less until Camden's arrival. I must say I am getting a bit nervous, but am so ready to meet him!! Today at my appointment (which was in the afternoon) I gained two more pounds, which totals 27 pounds. According to my scale at home, I have only gained 25 lbs - which I feel is a bit more accurate since I weigh at the same time at home. We discussed my restless legs, which she said people can take Ambien or Lortab for, but I told her I would pass - although I am driving myself crazy with it in the evenings. I also asked her about exercising because the last time I went to the gym, my cardio routine just did not seem to agree with Camden. My upper abdomen stayed very tight the majority of the time, which she said was probably contractions. I guess I have Braxton-Hicks, but honestly just ignore them, as I do a lot of the things I feel with pregnancy. She recommended that I just stick to the bike at the gym now - I may just forgo it all. She checked me for the first time and she said I was 1cm and very soft. His heart rate was 138, and my fundal height was 33cm. Next week she will do another ultrasound along with the weekly check. When I told her I was still trying to figure out when to get my mother here, she said she felt he may come a week early, but she would know better next week. OH MY GOSH - that means possibly in 3 weeks!?!?!?! Am I really ready??? I just keep trying to tell myself that so many have done this before me and I will be fine!!

2 comments:

  1. Melinda, I am just so enjoying keeping up with your pregnancy and am SO EXCITED FOR YOU!! It is getting so close. I went a week early with both of my girls. Is your mom pretty open-ended with how long she can stay? I mean, you'll want her with you for a week or two after the baby is born, too. That is hard to plan! I know my dad and sister made it moments after Caroline was born. I waited until I had been in labor for quite a while since it was the middle of the night...and they just had a four hour drive. :-) I'm living vicariously through you right now because I keep going back and forth on wanting another!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily, my mother is able to stay here as long as I want or need her here - thank goodness. I keep saying I would like another, but I guess I really should wait till this is all said and done before I decide for sure!! : )

    ReplyDelete