Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Weekend of Firsts

I had decided in my little head that around the nine week marker I was going to have Camden start sleeping in his own room. Up until this time he has been sleeping in a pack-n-play at the end of our bed. I felt like I should really get this routine established before heading back to work. I initially had intended to start letting him take his naps in his room so he could adjust and then after a few days of that, let him sleep through the night in there. Well, I never made the nap adjustment until Friday, which is when I also decided he would sleep through the night in his own bed. Can I just say that he did absolutely wonderful!!!!! He took his naps in his room and also slept through the night in there. It was probably a little harder on me than him!! I also was informed by my mom on Friday that with Camden's schedule, he is considered to be sleeping through the night. I had not even thought about that since our last feeding is around 11:00 pm or 12:00 am and then he does not wake up until 6:30 or 7:00 am. Well yea for me - he has been doing that for awhile then! I guess I was thinking that through the night would be like from 8:00 pm or so until 7:00 am !?!?! Anyway, I am extremely grateful for how well he is adapting to the schedules I am attempting to implement both through out the day and at night!


Camden letting me know he was ready to get up

On Saturday we decided we were going to head out to the baseball field where Shane had coached the past two years so I could see some of the kids and their parents that we started out with a few years ago. It was a beautiful day and Camden pretty much slept through it all. After we left there, we headed to the University of Alabama campus to pick up Shane's cap and gown for graduation. This was Camden's first trip to the University and I was so grateful to see that the tulips were blooming. I have been attempting to get pictures of these tulips for the past 2 years, but have never made it there while they have been blooming. Well, luckily we timed it right this year and I got what I think is a great picture of my two favorite guys with the tulips!


Today we headed to church and Camden wore shoes for the first time!! He looked like a big boy today in his jeans and collared shirt. Our great friends, Sarah and Chandler, were having their sweet baby girl, Noah Catherine, dedicated at church. She was absolutely beautiful in her gown!! She definitely will make a great impact on this world in the future with the great parents and family she has. After church we headed to the house to straighten it up a bit, got the dogs, stopped and picked up sandwiches and headed to the Riverwalk park. We had to vacate the house because we had our first house showing today. It was a gorgeous day and we enjoyed the time outside with the WHOLE family. I must say, while walking the nice trail I was a bit saddened thinking how short our time left here is. I am more than ready to get back to Texas and closer to family, but Tuscaloosa is a nice place and we have some great friends as well as great things to do here. But I can assure you, it did not make me change my mind!


Ready for church


A sweet little someone taking a nap at the park

1 comment:

  1. He looks so grown up in his jeans and shoes!!! Absolutely precious!!

    ReplyDelete