Wednesday, April 7, 2010

No Worries

Today Camden and I made our way to Birmingham to see Dr. Colvin, a pediatric cardiologist at UAB. Now I was not too very concerned about this appointment since I had already had one of my co-workers perform an echocardiogram on Camden a little over a week ago. At that time, she saw a small patent foramen ovale (which is a hole that is in the heart in utero and should close upon birth). Well today he heard the 'innocent murmur' (as they like to call them) and after performing the echocardiogram, he said that everything looked great. He did not even see the PFO, so perhaps it closed in the past week!! He said that we would require no further work up for his murmur and to know that other doctors will hear the murmur, but definitely not to let them scare me because it is fine. They also weighed him today and he weighed 9 pounds 8 ounces, which is an 8 ounce weight gain in 9 days! YEA!!!!

Let me also add that my child was just perfect!!! He slept on our way to Birmingham and then was awake for the whole visit, but was so pleasant and smiled for each of the nurses and the doctor. He never made a peep and was wonderful. Then, he slept the whole way home. I am so grateful for how the day went!!!


Camden and me, taken Easter Sunday

2 comments:

  1. So glad Camden got a good report. Also, I love love love the picture of you two. He is starting to look like Shane to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the good news! Great pic of you and Camden.

    ReplyDelete