Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Uh-Oh!!!

Today I spent time off and on filling out a lengthy application for a school nurse position in Texas. The reason it took so long was finding the time to get on the computer along with doing all my motherly duties! Well, around lunch time I fed Camden, burped him and then played a little with him. We were headed to his room to change his diaper, and I decided we would go and check the mail real fast and that would give him a little extra time to unload anything else he felt he needed to in his diaper. So we headed out the front door, got the mail, and when we got back to the front door we found it to be locked!! Oh my gosh!!! Apparently the real estate agent locked the bottom lock after showing our house Sunday, which we never do, thus causing us to be locked out of the house. So we headed to the backyard to see if maybe, just maybe I left the back door unlocked after letting the dogs in the house. Of course, no such luck. So here Camden and I are, both in our pajamas, and locked out. We head across the street to our neighbor's house where the woman is a stay at home mom with a 2 year old - of course, no answer. I head down the street to another house where there is a car - of course, no answer. So I see a construction guy working on a house further down the street and ask him if I could borrow his phone to call my husband and explained to him our circumstances. He had nothing to say except that I could borrow his phone. Nice. Of course Shane was in the middle of teaching, but even so I knew he would not answer the call because it was a strange phone number I was calling from. So I left a message in hopes that he would check the message sooner more so than later. We headed back to the house and luckily I had received the new edition of Parents magazine in the mail, so we sat on the back porch and read that while we waited for Shane to come save us. I have no earthly idea how long we sat out there, but then came our knight in shining armor who let us back in the house. Bless his heart, he drove halfway across town to let us in and then headed back to school to do his student teaching. Luckily it was pleasant in the shade so we didn't have to get too hot while we waited. I am thankful that things went as they did today because as a rule, I go and retrieve the mail while Camden is napping, but today decided otherwise, thank the Lord. Could you imagine the horror if I had locked myself out with Camden inside alone with the dogs??? Oh, yet another lesson learned!!!


Camden holding onto his lion

No comments:

Post a Comment