Thursday, April 15, 2010

10 Weeks - 10 Pounds

Camden is 10 weeks old today and according to his past weight gain pattern, should weigh 10 pounds today! He is getting so big, comparatively speaking. He has started some new things this week, including rubbing his eyes when he is tired. My sister-in-law told me that she was thrilled when her son started rubbing his eyes because it really cued her in as to what he needed. I have found that to be so very true.


Camden rubbing his eyes

We have really been doing great on his schedule. He takes a cat nap after his first morning feeding, then a good two hour nap in his crib after his second feeding, then another cat nap or two in the afternoon. Bedtime for him is around 8:00 pm, then I wake him up between midnight and 1:00 am for a midnight feeding and then he sleeps until 6:30 or 7:00 am. It has really been nice for Shane and me also because now we have some alone time to chat or catch up on our television shows that we enjoy.

Another thing that we have started new today is we moved up on the nipple size from a one to a two when he eats from the bottle. I really had not even thought about it until Camden and I went to my friend Sarah's house and had lunch with she and her daughter, Noah Catherine. Sarah asked me if we were using a '2' yet and I told her we were not and guess I really needed too since the '1' is really for newborns. Let me just say, after he got choked just a little the first time we used it today, he has done marvelous with it and the feedings take less time!! Why didn't I think of that sooner?? Anyway, tomorrow we are planning on trying the Nutramigen. I pray he takes it okay and does not start refusing the bottle as before. If I consume foods that agree with him, he is so pleasant now, and I really do not want to mess his tummy up!


My happy little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment