Sunday, February 28, 2010

An Amazing Father and Husband

I feel it past time for me to acknowledge just how wonderful my husband has been since labor and delivery. I must admit, I was unsure as to how Shane was going to be during labor. I honestly did not know how he would act or how comforting to me he would be - much less how I would want him to be during labor. Why I ever even spent time wondering, I will never know. He was attentive from the get go and when the pushing began, Shane was right there beside me, coaxing me and telling me to push when needed. He left the counting up to the nurse, but was there to hold my leg and cheer me on during such a long process.

Since that time, he has amazed me. During the days following delivery as I was trying to recover, he would do anything to help me and constantly reminded me to not over do it - (because I am Super Woman - LOL) I hated that he had to see me in such disarray - hardly being able to walk and being in pain. But he was wonderful. When we had to be readmitted to the hospital due to Camden's jaundice, Shane stayed at the hospital with us both nights in a horrible recliner, even though he had to be at school at 7:00 am. I was telling my friend the other day how it seems like my love for him is completely different since the birth of Camden. I have always loved Shane dearly, but it now seems that the love is so different and stronger - amazing.


Shane with Camden the day we arrived home

And then there is his relationship with Camden. Once again, I didn't know how he would be with an infant. He has been around little ones, but has not really seemed to show that much interest. But in his own words, it is different when it is your own. Shane is very attentive to Camden and loves to hold him and just spend one on one time with him. I was concerned that since I was breast feeding and he would not be feeding Camden that their interaction would be minimal - but I was wrong. When he gets home from school, he pays special attention to Camden and if he needs his diaper changed, then does so. We have a routine that every night from about 9:00 or 9:30 to 11:30pm is my nap time and Shane tends to Camden and gets him prepared for his midnight feeding with me. I am always dead to the world during that time, and never once worry about what those two boys are doing.





I have learned through this process to never wonder or doubt what my husband is capable of. How unfair of me. God has definitely blessed me with a wonderful husband and father of my child. I could not be any more proud of the family we have created.


Daddy's Alabama Fan - Roll Tide!!

No comments:

Post a Comment