Monday, February 15, 2010

The First Cold

Well, during all the stress and hospitalizations, I acquired a very nice cough/cold. I honestly can't remember the last time I had a cold this bad. I honestly was not surprised that I got sick since I had been sleep deprived along with the stress of labor. Anyway, I have hoped and prayed that I would not transfer this horrible cold to Camden. I have taken every precaution possible, but let's face it, I am close to him the majority of the day. Well, today he started having a stuffy nose. : ( It makes me sad that I have passed something on to him that will make him feel miserable. Hopefully, the information I read that says my breast milk will help protect him and that his symptoms will not be as severe will be true.

Also, I have forgot to mention that on Friday we had snow!!! I was going to take Camden out for a picture in it, but decided otherwise! We are supposed to get a few flurries tonight also. It is soooo very cold right now! Perhaps if we do have another snow, I will get Camden's picture in it.


2 comments:

  1. Poor baby (and poor mama!) Darn those hospital germs! But you're right, especially since you have the same cold, your milk will help him get better quicker. Two recommendations on baby colds -- the Nosefrida (google it) and a couple of drops of breastmilk in his nose. Breastmilk is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, etc. Helps prevent infection and keep things loose in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is adorable and absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete