Monday, February 1, 2010

38 Weeks 6 Days - 13th Appointment

Today I went and saw Dr. DiPiazza for my weekly check and ultrasound with hopes that Camden would once again do really well for his ultrasound. Well, he was sleeping when she was trying to get him to move and after 10 minutes of shaking my belly and me laying on my side to see if he would wake up, he finally did. He did his practice breathing like he should have and moved all extremities well. When she looked at his face, he had his foot upside down under his nose!!! She did his measurements and he weighed in at 6 pounds 5 ounces. My amniotic fluid was also apparently better than last week, which I did not know was a problem last week. So when Dr. D came in and saw me, she said my fluid was much better and that I must have been drinking a lot, either that or he had just peed. : ) My fundal height was 37cm and I lost 2 pounds, which she gave me "the eye" for. My appetite has decreased the past few days, but on my scale this morning I just showed a one pound loss. I was 1 1/2 cm dilated, but she could "make" me 2 cm and still 50 % effaced. Anyway, she said we would definitely induce Thursday, unless Camden decided to come on his own before then. We have to be at the hospital at 5:00 am - UGH!!! But, I can assure you, I am ready - nervous, but ready. To think, in 3 days I will finally get to see my baby, hold him and bond with him. I can hardly wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment