Saturday, February 20, 2010

Grandma and Grandpa Key

Today my dad - AKA Grandpa Key - came to visit. He has been in Missouri with his mother while my mom has been here helping me adapt to motherhood. Growing up, I always felt bad that he never had a son. My mother always told me that he was so glad he had girls and not to worry. Since then, my sister has had two boys and I have so loved watching him with my nephews. I am even more excited to watch him with my son as he ages!!



I have been so very fortunate to have my mother here with me since January 29th. She flew in to be here with me through the birth and then to help me adjust to all the changes after Camden's arrival. As thrilled as I was for my dad to come and visit, I know it means that he will be leaving and taking my mother with him on Monday. Words can not express how much my mother's time here has meant to me. As a first time mother, I have constantly questioned myself, hoping that everything I am doing is 'the right thing'. Luckily, Mom has steered me in the right direction and helped to keep me calm through all the newness, including the second hospitalization as well as all the heel sticks and doctor's visits. Thanks Mom for every thing you have done to help Shane, Camden and me through this special time in our lives. I will be forever grateful!


No comments:

Post a Comment