Monday, November 30, 2009

29 Weeks 6 Days

Today I had another appointment with the ophthalmologist. My vision has remained decreased since the cold I have had and the floater that showed up over a week ago is still present in my vision. Dr. Kudirka said that there was still swelling in my eye and that the floater I have will never go away, but may settle down. But, if I look for it, it will always be there. He said, again, that only time would tell if my vision will improve. I have been trying to remain hopeful that it will improve, since it seemed to be doing so until the cold. But he did make a comment that keeps lingering in my mind. He basically said that since it is remaining swollen that it can damage the optic nerve, basically therefore causing more damage to the eye. So, once again, I hope and pray that the vision improves sooner more so than later.

I am in awe that tomorrow is the 30 week marker for me. Ten weeks really is not that long, and who knows if he will go to full term. I must get busy!!! When I asked Shane if he was getting anxious about it, he looked at me like I was crazy. It amazes me that men can be so very oblivious to what is about to be a life changing event. I am ready to meet him and hold him, but know that I have lots to do before that time - so hopefully he will continue to stay in the comfort of my uterus until much closer to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment