Saturday, November 21, 2009

28 Weeks 4 Days

Today was the last home game that we will be attending here at the University of Alabama. I am sad because football season is something we absolutely love and we will definitely miss going to the games as well as the atmosphere. It was an easy game for us because we played Tennessee-Chattanooga and beat them 45-0. Luckily, it was an early game so I was able to come home and work on Camden's nursery. I had Shane move everything out of the room so I could steam clean the carpet and clean the baseboards real good, and then we moved just the bed and dresser back in so that my nephews would have a place to sleep next week when they come for Thanksgiving. I feel a little bit better about the progress of his nursery, but will feel much better about it when we go and pick up his furniture next weekend and get it set up. Of course, I still have to pick out a paint color for Shane to paint an accent wall in his room, but I don't plan on getting too carried away with it since we will be moving between 3 and 5 months after he is born.

I did get some pre-Thanksgiving grocery shopping accomplished on Wednesday night. I figured I had better try to get a few things accomplished in regards to the meal so that I would not be killing myself trying to get it all done on Thanksgiving day. I am really excited about my sister and her family coming here since they have not been here to visit since we moved here. However, I am a bit concerned about our meal since my mother normally does the turkey. This will be the first time I attempt this all on my own, and since I hate to fail, I put too much pressure on myself. But, I am ready to try!! I will keep you posted on how the whole meal goes.

As for an eye update, I felt like things seem to be getting a little better, aside from the blind spot I have in my peripheral vision. I started getting a sore throat on Wednesday and by Thursday it turned into a chest cold and I have been coughing quiet a bit. Since I have been coughing, I have noticed that my vision in the right eye has seemed to become blurry again. I told Shane earlier today that I would not be surprised if the pressure from coughing has an affect on the ocular neuritis thus causing my vision to digress. Well after doing some research, what I thought was indeed true. I do have a follow-up appointment with Dr. Hogan (the neurologist) on Wednesday so will discuss it with him then, but figure once again, that time will have to heal this.

No comments:

Post a Comment