Sunday, December 6, 2009

30 Weeks, 5 Days

Let me start by saying Hook 'Em Horns and Roll Tide!!! January 7th, the National Championship Game, is going to be a tough day in the Hood household. I am torn, as you could imagine. Since I went to the University of Texas, and up until I met Shane, they were the only team I really cared about. But now that I have spent 2 1/2 years in Tuscaloosa, and our money goes to that school, I feel quiet a bond to the University of Alabama. But Texas is my home and I am sure I will be wearing burnt orange that day, but I can only imagine that I will be rooting for both. Needless to say, it will be interesting!!!

On Wednesday evening I went ahead and wrapped the majority of the Christmas gifts that we have purchased. The main reason I went ahead and did it was two fold. One, the Christmas tree, which I put up on Sunday, looked bare without gifts under it, and second, Shelbe (being blind) kept getting lost under it. Now if we could just figure out what to get a few people left on our list, I would feel better about Christmas being right around the corner!!

On Saturday morning, I tried to work on the nursery, but did not get to much accomplished except that his crib bedding is washed and ready for him to sleep in it. I really need to buy some Dreft and get some of his clothes washed and put away, and then I think I will feel like I have got something accomplished. Later that day, Shane and I went with one of his school mates to Wings, a sports type bar and grill, and watched the University of Alabama beat the Florida Gators. It was nice to go to a place where every one was loud and into the game, so Shane fit right in!!! : )



How our baby is growing:

Our baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and he weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds him, but that volume will decrease as he gets bigger and takes up more room in my uterus. His eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after he's born, he'll keep his eyes closed for a good part of the day. When he does open them, he'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means he can only make out objects a few inches from his face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)

No comments:

Post a Comment