Tuesday, November 3, 2009

26 weeks

So just when you think things are going to start looking up . . . . . something new takes place!! I woke up this morning in usual fashion and headed straight to the bathroom to tinkle, urinate, potty, or whatever other word you would like to use. I got up, turned around to flush the toilet, and noticed nothing but blood tinged water. Of course I panicked, sat back down and calmed myself down. After further review, it did not seem to be vaginal bleeding, thank the Lord. So I continued to get myself ready for the day, and before leaving, once again used the restroom, with blood noted again. After I got to work, I went ahead and went to the lab and gave a urine specimen and then when the doctor's office opened, I called them and let the nurse know the events of the morning, and that the lab results should be headed their way. Well, needless to say, it is a horrible urinary tract infection, of which I have not ever had, and so I am now on Macrobid to help cure this minor problem. Luckily, as far as symptoms, I only have a little flank pain that comes and goes and some pressure type discomfort in my lower abdomen.

Two positive notes about the day, Dr. Hogan's office called and all the additional blood test he did came back negative and today was my last day of Prednisone!!!! : )


How our baby is growing:

The network of nerves in our baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both my voice and Shane's as we chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (a cucumber) from head to heel. His testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.


No comments:

Post a Comment