Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Weekend in Review

What a beautiful weekend! I was so glad to see some spring-like weather and am looking forward to warmer temperatures this week. We started out Saturday morning around 3:00 am with a diaper change prior to Camden's feeding. This is nothing unusual, except for the fact that while I was cleaning his hiney, he exploded and poop went all over his changing table. So while I was trying to clean that mess up, I heard a 'different' noise and realized that he was peeing over his head to the top of the changing table and also got pee on his face. Just lovely!!! I can't say I was really in the mood to do a full wardrobe change in the middle of the night, but did I really have a choice? Ah the joys. . . . . .

We had visitors this weekend and were so glad for them to meet sweet Camden. On Saturday, Pop Pop, Nadine and Ira (Shane's grandfather, step-grandmother and uncle) came from the Birmingham area and spent a good part of the day visiting with us and loving on Camden. I was very appreciative of Ira - since he was the one who drove them here. It has been nice living near Shane's family so they too could be a part of this special time in our lives.


Pop Pop holding Camden


Nadine holding Camden

After our company left, I was able to get out and have some social time with some of my co-workers at a local Mexican restaurant. Holly, one of our co-workers who moved to Tennessee in August, was in Tuscaloosa and we all got together to visit with her. It was great to get out and visit for a few hours and especially to see Holly.

Today, Holly and her husband came by before heading back to Tennesse so she could actually meet Camden. He loves having visitors and is usually very good when they are here. I was glad they were able to come by and visit - she is greatly missed!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment