Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Neurology Appointment

Today I had a follow up Neurology appointment with Dr. Hogan. Of course he did a full neuro exam which was fine. He asked me how things had been with my eye and I informed him about how my vision decreased the day after labor and delivery. He said he wanted to perform an MRI with contrast of the brain, thoracic and cervical spine, since they were unable to do the prior MRI with contrast due to my pregnancy. He said he wanted to make sure there are no multiple sclerosis lesions anywhere. He asked if I was breastfeeding to which I informed him I am. He informed me that if you receive contrast you have to waste 24 to 48 hours of milk and said we could wait until I finished breast feeding before performing the MRI. He said we could re-evaluate in 6 months my breast feeding status, but I informed him we may no longer be here at that time. So we are going to re-evaluate in 4 months, which my appointment is for the beginning of July. I told him I had plenty of breast milk stored if he felt we needed to do it now, but he said that with MS treatments you can not breast feed anyway, so just to continue breast feeding and to notify him sooner if I have any new signs or symptoms. So, I guess we will see what happens come July.

As far as Camden goes, my appointment was at 8:45 this morning and when I got up at 6:40 am to start getting ready, he was still asleep. So I put on my make up and fixed my hair, and yet again he was still asleep. So I decided I would go ahead and pump and then feed him from a bottle, so as not to waste time. Well, he ate 100cc when I did feed him (or a little under 3 1/2 ounces). So, I guess yesterday I shorted him!! My baby is a growing. . . . . . .

Fast asleep in his swing


No comments:

Post a Comment