Thursday, March 18, 2010

6 Weeks - Really?

Today Camden turned 6 weeks old and I had my 6 week check-up with Dr. DiPiazza - have I ever said how much I just love her!! She examined me and said that everything is healing really well and we discussed birth control - blah, blah! They weighed me and I weighed only 3 pounds more than pre-pregnancy weight. Sounds great, right??? Well it would be if I only had my pre-pregnancy shape. Who ever lost their tire and wants it back can have it. I am tired of not being able to wear the majority of my shirts due to them accenting this tub of lard that I have around my mid section.

I started running around the neighborhood almost 2 weeks ago trying to get my stamina up before heading back to the gym. I didn't want to look like I was dying when I got on the treadmill around other people. On Wednesday, I decided to make my first venture to the gym. That in itself was a hoot. The owner, David, was at the front desk when I entered the gym. The following was our conversation. David: "Great to see you. This is your first time back in the gym since you had your baby, right?" Me: "Yes, and I have some work to do to get rid of this fat roll I have." David: "You don't look near as bad as a lot of women I see after they have their babies." Thanks, really - guess I had it coming. ; )

Camden had a rough day today - he has a horrible rash on his hiney - almost looks like it is burnt. He has had this once before and I have now decided that I think it is the spaghetti we had - I don't think tomatoes agree with him, even though the experts say acid does not cross into breast milk. I do believe I will forgo tomato based meals. I have been avoiding dairy for the past 2 weeks now, not really sure if he has a milk allergy or not, but he is very gassy and very fussy. You will do anything to help your child - although I am not sure if it has helped or not. I truly am at a loss as what to do. I have been using soy milk, eating organic bread, and avoiding anything that has any type of dairy product in it. I can tell you, it is NOT easy - no cheese, no ice cream, no chocolate chip cookies (store bought), no bread crumbs, the list goes on and on. When he has his appointment in a little less than 2 weeks, I think the pediatrician and I will have a long talk about all of this - only time will tell!!


Camden in his new outfit Aunt Melissa bought him while she was visiting


My little wiggle worm - he has about wiggled his way out of the chair

No comments:

Post a Comment