Thursday, March 4, 2010

4 Weeks Old

It is so hard for me to believe that today my baby boy is 4 weeks old. Where has the time gone already?


I find myself counting how many weeks I have left before I go back to work instead of actually counting how many weeks old Camden is. I am very fortunate that we are able to have the resources needed for me to stay home 12 weeks with him. God's timing was again amazing, allowing things to flow just right where 12 weeks of maternity leave for me has me returning to work on May 3rd and Shane's last day of school is April 30th. So then Shane will be tending to him until we move back to Texas. How awesome is that???


My sweet boy in his Daddy's arms



Such a sweet little hand

I have learned a lot in the past 4 weeks, actually things I never even thought of. Here are a list of a few of them:


  1. I now know that you can love someone way more than life itself and will do anything to help and protect that being.

  2. It is amazing how little sleep a person can actually function on.

  3. It is beyond me how one can be so obsessed with what the time is, if there have been enough wet and dirty diapers, if any red marks are a rash or a bite, or if there are any other problems that need to be worried about.

  4. Your female anatomy will NEVER be the same.

  5. You can stare at your child all day long and it will never be enough.

  6. Mothers are far more special than we ever give them credit for.

  7. You CAN be peed on once, no. . . twice, no . . . at least three times in one day!

  8. Breastfeeding is very difficult for an OCD person, but can be done.

  9. Time goes by entirely too fast.

  10. Life can never prepare you for the miracle of having a child and motherhood!!

No comments:

Post a Comment