Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bye Bye Newborn Clothes. . . . . . Hello Target

Today Camden is 5 weeks old, and like I said last week, it is so hard to believe how fast the time is going by. I was surprised today when I put an outfit on Camden that really did not allow him to extend his legs out very well like he needs - so he MUST be growing! Now mind you this is an outfit that he has wore many, many times (due to our constant wardrobe changes from "accidents"). I actually got excited because we are now able to retire some of his Newborn clothes - not all of them, just one certain brand. But at least we are growing - I feel like I must be doing something right!!! For an obsessive compulsive person like myself, breastfeeding has been difficult not knowing how much milk he is truly consuming at each feeding, so his growth is one of my indicators that he must be getting what he needs!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Today we had our first real outing. Now we have been out, but only to the doctor's office, the lab, and the hospital. So I consider our venture out today to be the first normal, real outing. We went to Target (for a baby swing) and then to a local baby shop called Baby Talk (for a new pacifier). Camden did wonderful - he spit up a few times, but never really made a peep and slept most of the time. We were home in time for his next feeding and then a nice walk around the neighborhood since it was such a beautiful day. It is nice to start getting some normalcy back in my routine - and I think Camden enjoyed it too!


Target


Camden in Target


Camden trying out his new swing

No comments:

Post a Comment