Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Aunt Melissa's Visit

Friday night Shane, Camden and myself headed to Birmingham airport to pick up my sister, Melissa, from the airport. Her flight was due in about 9:30 pm, but got a bit delayed and she arrived around 10:00 pm. She was excited to finally meet Camden and he showed off his fussy side for her!!


Melissa and Camden

Our weekend was a bit subdued and we had no plans for her visit here except to go to my cousin's house, (Jared, Kara, Ellie, and Riley) in Trussville on Sunday for grilled steak and sides. Our Aunt Ann was visiting them over the weekend to spend time with her granddaughters, and it was so great to see her again. Melissa had not seen Aunt Ann in about 15 or so years, but luckily I was fortunate enough to see her this past summer. The visit was great - Camden was a bit fussy, but slept for a good majority of the time. It was nice to get out and have good food and great conversation.

Today I drove Melissa back to Birmingham to the airport and then stopped by the dealership there for general maintenance on my vehicle. Since I was going to be gone longer than 3 hours, Shane was given instructions on how to give Camden a bottle of breast milk that I had prepared for him. To be honest, I was unsure how much to prepare, since I have no clue how much Camden has been eating. So I went with what I have read as far as how much one eats at his age, and had 2 ounces ready for him to eat. Shane said he took it like a champ and had it down within 5 minutes, and that was including a burp half way through the feeding!! I have a feeling I should have prepared 3 ounces, but I will know better for next time.

Before Melissa left, she said that Camden was cuter than when she arrived! : ) I honestly think he did change over the weekend - he finally looks like he is putting on more weight. (I was able to retire more of his newborn clothes this weekend - which to me is proof!) He is a lot more alert now and is smiling some, but with out knowing he is doing it. We enjoyed her visit and it honestly makes me even more ready to move to be closer to my family!!


No comments:

Post a Comment