Tuesday, September 22, 2009

20 Weeks

It is so hard for me to believe that as of today I am half way through my pregnancy. In all honesty, it is making me a bit stressed due to the fact that I feel like I have not gotten very much done at all in respect to the nursery. I have told you my struggles previously about baby bedding and well the furniture issue seems to be at a stand still also. But I am bound and determined to get my husband to look at furniture this weekend and order it! If I do get it from the local baby store, it will take 6 to 8 weeks for it to arrive, which makes me a bit nervous. I will keep you posted regarding that whole situation.

I found it quiet appropriate that since I am at my half way marker, I actually saw the baby move tonight while we were sitting on the couch. I am starting to feel him more and more, which I love, but for some reason I was not expecting to see my belly move. So for me, that was a great joy!!!


How our baby is growing:

Our baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel - the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)

He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and we will see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

No comments:

Post a Comment