Tuesday, September 1, 2009

17 Weeks

First let me start by saying that in 2 days we will know the sex of our child!!! I am sooooo excited about it, I can hardly stand myself. I keep telling everyone that if this is truly MY child, then it will be a boy to prove every person in this world that is convinced it is a girl WRONG!!! : ) People have asked me if I have any feeling one way or the other as to the sex, which I do not, but I have had 2 dreams related to the nursery and they were both for a boy! I had to chuckle a few nights ago when Shane and I were watching an Atlanta Braves baseball game on TV. The announcer was congratulating one of his fellow coworkers who just had a baby girl, and his comment was that "only manly men have girls." I had to chuckle at that. Made me think to myself, that maybe everyone will be right about the girl!!!

This morning about 7:00 am I was sitting at a computer at work and felt a different sensation in my lower abdominal area. I stopped for a second, not sure if what I felt at first was the baby, but then it happened two more times and was different than anything else I have been feeling, so I am thinking baby!! Now since that time, I really have not sat down long enough to think about it and see if I can feel that feeling again, but look forward to more of where that came from!!!

This past weekend we had the pleasure of having Shane's grandparents from Georgia here to visit for a few days before they continued their drive on to Texas to stay with Shane's parents for a bit. I absolutely love when they are here, or when we go visit them in Georgia. They are just a truly genuine, loving couple who still are so in love with one another as well as with God. It is so refreshing to be around them and know that love can and does last for many, many years!!! His grandmother reminds me so much of my Grandma Key, who is such a wonderful woman in my eyes. I have learned so much from her through the years and appreciate her positive perspective on life in general. We are so blessed to have such wonderful role models!!!

Anyway, stay tuned for what Thursday has in store for us. Whatever the sex of our child is, it is just exactly what God has had in store for us long before we ever even knew one another - amazing isn't it????

How our baby is growing:

Our baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Our baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.


No comments:

Post a Comment