Friday, September 4, 2009

17 weeks 3 Days

Well, today I picked up Shane from school and headed to the doctor for the ultrasound. Shane has an eight o'clock and a ten o'clock class and the ultrasound was scheduled for nine, so I ran by school and picked him up and then we headed to the doctor. I made sure to drink orange juice on my way to the ultrasound as recommended by some of Shane's friends to get the baby active. On the way to get Shane I could feel the baby fluttering around and I had a talk with the baby encouraging it to make its mommy and daddy proud by cooperating during the ultrasound. Well, be it the prayers, the orange juice, or the talk, the baby did cooperate and it is a boy!!!! He seems to be developing well according to the tech and I was so excited to know exactly what to prepare ourselves for.

Now many people have asked me how Shane reacted. Well, first you must know that on Wednesday night I asked him if he was excited to find out the sex of our child and he just chuckled and said, "I guess I'm interested." Interested???? Seriously???? I am interested in how Alabama is going to do at the football game, or how the weather is going to be, but when it comes to finding out the sex of my child, "interested" is not the word I would choose! I just had to laugh because that is typical of my husband. So when she did announce the sex, he may have had a slight grin on his face, but nothing like the smile that was pasted on my face. As we left the doctor's office, I told him that it was OK, he could show some excitement, his response was, "What makes you think I am not excited?" He kills me!! I honestly think he was beaming on the inside though. He was proud to call his family and let them know. When we went to the grocery store later this evening, I asked him if it had soaked in with him that he was having a boy, and he said probably not.

As for my group of friends and family, the baby pretty much proved the most of them wrong. Like I said before, if he did prove them wrong, he is definitely taking after me!! Aren't we in trouble! I didn't realize that so many people were really rooting for a girl! For those that were rooting for a girl, hopefully we will try again. Just say some prayers that we can talk Shane into another one!!!

So, now the true planning begins - picking out how the nursery will look, what type of stroller/carrier, a name, and plenty of other odds and ends. I know we are not even half way through the pregnancy yet, but time is going to fly right on by, especially with the holidays coming up. So I am looking forward to doing a little shopping this weekend be it on-line or in the stores to get some good ideas!! Thanks goodness for this three day weekend - it is coming at just the right time for me!!!!!

By the way, I must say that even though everyone was wrong regarding the sex, the Drano test was correct. So now our friends that told us to do the test, who were 13-0, are now 14-0!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment