Thursday, September 3, 2009

17 Weeks 2 Days - Fourth Appointment

Well, I suppose we can say that this baby takes after Shane and me since we are both stubborn. We went for the ultrasound today to determine the sex, and there sat my child sitting Indian style (or criss-cross apple sauce as they like to say these days) with its knees stuck together. We saw great pictures of the head and spine, which appeared nice and straight, it appears to weigh about 1/2 pound and the heartbeat was 138. Now, the ultrasound tech said if she HAD to guess, she would go with boy, but she was extremely unsure. So I saw my doctor for the routine appointment and then she let us go back into the ultrasound room to see if the baby changed positions, but no, it was still nice and comfy with its legs locked together. So, luckily we go back in the morning at 9:00 to take another look!!! I was a bit disappointed with my weight gain, but kept trying to justify to myself that I normally go in the mornings for my appointments and this was in the afternoon. She says I have gained another 5 pounds, which brings the grand total up to 10 pounds, but if I go by my scale here at home, it is 7. Luckily, my next appointment is back on the normal Friday morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment