Sunday, September 20, 2009

19 Weeks 5 Days

Well, I am becoming my mother - which I suppose in some respects is not all that bad! : ) My father has never received a haircut from anyone other than my mother since they have been married, which is over 40 years. About a month and a half ago, Shane informed me that we were buying clippers and I was going to start cutting his hair. Talk about bravery on his part and mine!!! So today was my third attempt at cutting Shane's hair. Now the first and second attempts were only a week apart due to me not "cutting it short enough" but it has been about a month since the last hair cut. My problem is the fact that I can never remember what guard we use for what, but I think today I made it easier on myself (which we shall see next time around). Anyway, I believe my mother makes it look easier than I make it out to be, but I will tell you I laugh a lot while doing it. So, next time you see Shane, even if his hair looks to be a little shorter on one side or the other, tell him his haircut looks nice!!! I bet he doesn't let you know who did it!! ; )

Baby boy Hood went to his second Alabama football game yesterday, this time against North Texas, which we left in the third quarter due to the beating Alabama was putting on poor North Texas. We truly expected to sit in the rain the whole game, but much to our surprise, there was very little drizzle, and even the sun came out to shine! Roll Tide!!!

Yesterday, we received another gift for the baby, one of which I am far more excited about than is Shane. Thanks to Shawn, Melissa, Mason and Braden (my sister and her family) my son will now really be styling! Hook 'Em Horns!!!

How our baby is growing:

Our baby's sensory development is exploding! His brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that he may be able to hear our voice now. He weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom - about the size of a large heirloom tomato. His arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of his body now. His kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on his scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on his skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

1 comment:

  1. I want so bad to send you an A&M onesie, and if I actually thought it might get worn I would! I figured since you can't decide between UT and Alabama...just go for something different and choose Aunt Lili's team...A&M! LOL

    ReplyDelete