Monday, September 28, 2009

20 Weeks 5 days

Isn't life all about the little things??? Shane and I always go out to eat after church, and usually it ends up that we alternate who picks where we go since we are both so indecisive. Well today was my turn, but much to my surprise when we got in the vehicle, Shane never asked me where I wanted to go and just started driving. So I just rode along and waited to see where we ended up. Well I am more than happy to say that it was the one, the only, IHOP!!!! Woo Hoo!!!! I was beside myself and as giddy as a school girl when I ordered my food!!! Of course I got the bacon omelet and chocolate chip pancakes, and Lisa and Lorrie, you will be happy to know that I had about half of the omelet to bring home in a doggy bag!!! Now let me tell you why this luxury was given to me!! On Mondays and Wednesdays Shane eats at school between classes and the place he eats offers breakfast up until one o'clock along with lunch type foods. He usually eats bacon, eggs, a biscuit and then lunch foods. Well this past Wednesday, they had a waffle bar that you could make either a chocolate, regular or blueberry waffle and of course all the fixins. So when I received a text message from my husband saying " You do not want to know what I ate for lunch," and then found out what it was, I informed him he was going to IHOP!!! Well, anyway I can get to go to IHOP I will take!!! Thanks Honey!!!

By this time next week I WILL have my baby furniture bought. I say it like that to help my peace of mind, it HAS to be done this week so I feel like I have something accomplished! As far as the bedding issue goes, no change. On HGTV's website they have a nursery section where people send in photos of nurseries, and there are probably over 5000. I have made it through 1500 and still, no great ideas. Now let me just say, the majority of pictures are of girls rooms so I have got to skip over quiet a few. So if any of you have any fabulous ideas, please, please let me know. I am just about at my wits end with the room!!

And lastly, stay tuned this week for Baby Boy Hood's name revealing. I believe that even thought we can't agree on a nursery, we can agree on a name.

3 comments:

  1. Oh nursery ideas -- so FUN! I loved getting ideas from landofnod.com.

    I was thinking a few nights ago when I was reading Elizabeth her nightly Goodnight Moon that it would be fun to decorate a room that way.

    Green walls, red balloon painted on one way, pictures of the cow jumping over the moon and three little bears sitting on chairs. A red rug on the floor. Green crib sheet and skirt. The yellow and blue striped curtains from the illustrations. Maybe even a fireplace mural on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Shane finally took you to IHOP!! And I noticed that you didn't mention having any of the pancakes left over...heehee!!! It's okay...you already proved to Lorrie and I how much you can eat!!

    Good luck with the bedding...I know you'll find something that is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter, Audra, had good luck finding baby furniture on Target.com. There's lots there that is not offered in stores. They have free shipping, and all the furniture arrived in good shape and was easy to assemble.

    ReplyDelete