Friday, December 25, 2009

33 Weeks 3 Days

Merry Christmas!!! It has been very nice being able to spend actual Christmas Day with my family - it has been a few years since that has happened. We had a relaxing day, opening gifts around noon and then getting supper together which consisted of a spiral cut ham, green beans, gourmet potatoes, crunchy cole slaw, and rolls. My mother made me a pecan pie, which is my favorite, since we did not have one at Thanksgiving.

As usual, we were very blessed this year. I received a Hobo wallet, which I wanted so that I could keep everything in it and throw it in the diaper bag versus carrying a purse as well as a diaper bag. I also received a new pair of tennis shoes, a digital picture frame, a book, and a few other items including money!! Camden also received a nice chunk of money, thanks to Mom and Dad - which I was told to buy things we needed for him. It was a very nice and unexpected surprise - aren't those always the best??? Everyone seemed to be very pleased with their presents which is always a good feeling. Shane received an Alabama belt, an Alabama tie, a Alabama ornament (see a trend here?) a Garmin, and a few other items.

Tomorrow Shane's parents will stop in Tuscaloosa to celebrate Christmas with us while on their way to Birmingham. They are bringing Connor so he can stay here for a week with us. We will be going to Birmingham ourselves on Sunday evening to celebrate Christmas with Shane's grandfather and aunts and uncles and also with his Maw Maw. Still lots of celebrating to do.

I hope everyone had a joyous Christmas and enjoyed their time with their families as well as remembering the real reason for the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment