Thursday, October 29, 2009

25 Weeks 2 Days - Sixth Appointment

Today I had my regularly scheduled OB appointment. It did not start off too well for me with a nine pound weight gain on the scale - which of course Dr. D related to the steroids! I will definitely be looking for none at the next appointment! She measured the height of my fundus which was at 22cm. This is good because you should be within 4 cm of how ever many weeks you are. She did another ultrasound to finally get the measurements that Camden would not let us get the last two times, and according to the ultrasound, he was measuring 24weeks and 5 days, weighs about 1 pound 12 ounces and his heart rate was 148. That was a relief to me because I was a little concerned that the steroids might have had an effect on stimulating his growth. Dr. D decided we should do the 1 hour glucose tolerance test in 2 to 3 weeks once the steroids have had time to leave my system so as not to result a false positive. But since I will be headed to Texas for a baby shower in 2 weeks, I scheduled it for 3 weeks.

Also, Dr. Hogan (the neurologist) called personally today to review the optic test I had in his office Tuesday. With this test the score you obtain should only be about two points different between your two eyes, with seven being the maximum. Well, I had an eight point difference between the right and left eyes which pathologically shows the right eye to have optic neuritis. (OK, didn't we already know this?) Anyway, I was very impressed that he himself called. Again, I must say I have been very blessed with the doctors I have had during my care. They have all been extremely knowledgeable as well as have great bedside manners.

Tomorrow I have another ophthalmology appointment, which to be honest I am not looking forward to because I believe that he again will tell me there is no improvement. That is always a bit disheartening to hear. But the good news about tomorrow is I start my tapering dose of steroids, so hopefully before too long will get back to my old self!! (Got to look for the positives!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment