Sunday, October 11, 2009

22 Weeks 5 days

We returned today from a wonderful trip to Texas. Thursday and Friday was Shane's fall break, so we decided we would take the extended weekend to visit family. One of our main missions was to deliver a big screen TV that was in Connor's room (which is turning into the nursery) to Connor at his new home in Lumberton. Also, my parents were to be in Houston to take care of my nephews since my sister and her husband both were going to be out of town. So the plan was to stay at Shane's parents on Thursday evening so we could see just how big that new nephew of ours, Gavin, has grown, as well as celebrate Shane's, Connor's and Ron's (Shane's dad) birthdays. It amazes me how much Gavin has grown since we had seen him the beginning of June and now at the ripe ol' age of 5 months he has a sweet personality and smiles a lot. He was such a great baby while we were there and I enjoyed being able to love on him and hold him - gave me a good glimpse of what is coming in our direction!!


On Friday morning we left at about 10:00 am to head to Tomball to my sister's house. She and her husband had plans to be out of town for the weekend and I really wanted to see her before she headed out, which I was able to do. My family honestly never thought they would see me pregnant so it was fun to see their reaction of the baby bump. The boys had early release that day, so they were home by about 1:15. My gosh they grow like weeds!! I was soooo very glad to see them and can't wait to live closer to them!!! They have a house for sale right across the street from them that Mason thinks would be the perfect choice for us, as do I, but not in our price budget!! : ) Of course Mom and I did a little shopping. My mission was mainly for a new bra - which all I can say is UGH - that was a horrible experience and I now realize just why I have put it off as long as I have!!! Of course we went out and ate Mexican food that evening, which is something I ALWAYS have to do when going home since there is just nothing like good Tex-Mex here in Alabama!!

On Saturday, Braden had a soccer game at 8:00 am, which it was cold and misting the whole time, but of course I wouldn't trade that time for anything!! He is such an awesome soccer player and that day got to be team captain which he was really excited about.


Later that afternoon, I got to do something that I thought was very awesome. Mason has his first communion in a few weeks, and his church does something I find very neat. They go to a place called the Pottery Wheel and make and paint a chalice, then this next weekend they make their bread and then the next weekend they have their first communion. My sister thought that since I am his God-Mother it would be a perfect thing, since she was out of town, for me to go with him to make his chalice. I really LOVED that opportunity more than she knows. Each child actually got to help the potter mold their own chalice and then paint it. I can't wait to see the finished product after it is fired!!!


Later that evening, Melissa let us have our own little birthday party for Braden since neither my parents nor myself will be there for his birthday. My mom had made and iced cupcakes and he got to open his gifts from us. I think he was surprised by it, but we took plenty of pictures for his mom!!

Of course, today after driving through a few neighborhoods trying to get a feel of where we would like to live, we headed back to Alabama. It is never easy leaving my family, but luckily I will be seeing them a lot here in the future due to a baby shower on November 14th in Texas that I am SOOOO excited about and then my sister and her family are coming for Thanksgiving and then my parents are coming for Christmas. I have so much to be thankful for and to look forward to!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment