Thursday, October 22, 2009

24 Weeks 2 Days

Today has been an extremely discouraging day for me! I have, of course, been struggling with my vision, but have been pleased with what I thought was progression in the right eye. The gray hue has not been there, nor the points of clarity amidst fuzziness. It has just seemed out of tune. Well this morning when I woke up, I felt as though I had taken a step backwards. The same type of symptoms that I had experienced with the optic neuritis had reoccured. Now, I have tried not to get to excited about any of this, knowing that it will take time to heal, but after I had seen what I thought was improvement, I just did not expect a back step. So I debated all morning at work if I should call the ophthalmologist or not and finally, after coercing from a co-worker, I called after lunch. They asked me to go ahead and come in and let them re-exam me. Well, what I had hoped was paranoia was not. According to Dr. Kudirka, the eye really has not improved at all. He states there is still a lot of swelling in the right eye and that it really was going to take some time and not to be surprised if some days seemed better than others. Honestly, I guess I needed to hear that, but I can assure you, I was taken back. It is so frustrating to know that I have done all that is asked of me in regards to taking the steroids and then having such ill affects from them with no noticeable improvement at all. I also think part of my problem is that this Prednisone is causing me to feel depressed, which is not my "norm" at all!!! I have prayed and prayed for healing of the eye as well as protection for Camden from the medication. Apparently, I need to hand this whole-heartedly over to God and allow him to do his will and work favorably upon the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment