Friday, October 16, 2009

23 Weeks 3 days

During my infusions, Camden has been very active which I relate it to being steroids that we are receiving!! I have been able to feel, as well as see, Camden move for a while now, but every time I have Shane put his hand on my belly to feel him, Camden quits moving. Well, Wednesday night after my 10:00 pm infusion, he was extremely active and Shane was finally able to feel him move. I was so glad that he finally got to feel what I believe up to this point has been my favorite part of being pregnant!!

Well, as I said, Camden has been extremely active with the infusions, that is up until mid day yesterday. During our 10:00 am infusion he was extremely active and then after the 4:00 pm infusion I was working on my blog entry so did not really pay attention. But as the evening wore on, I noticed I had not felt him move. So after the 10:00 pm infusion, I was very focused on feeling his movements, which I did not feel any. So I went to bed and laid down on my back, which usually gets him to kicking also, and again no movement. I finally fell asleep, and during my 4:00 am infusion once again, no movement. I laid in bed and waited and waited and did not feel a thing. The OB office opened at 8:00 am at which time I called and was told to come in so they could check the baby. As I was in the waiting room waiting to be called back, a dear friend from church, Sarah Overcash, showed up for her OB appointment and I was so relieved to see a familiar face. Shane was taking a make up test from the one he missed Wednesday and then had class, so I did not want him to miss anymore school. It just helped to know that she was there in that office in case the news was not good. Thankfully his heartbeat was nice and strong at 150 bpm. Dr. DiPiazza was not in the office yet and I was told I could wait and see her, but for me I received all the confirmation I needed. On my drive home I received a call from Dr. DiPiazza checking on me and she recommended that I could go and buy a fetal monitor at Toys R Us or online and maybe would have more piece of mind - that I may definitely do!! She also gave me her cell phone number and was told to call if I had any questions or concerns at all. As I have said before, I just LOVE her!!!!

As of now, I still have yet to feel Camden move, little turd, but I will stay content on the fact that God is taking care of the both of us. As I said in a previous blog, prayer is so powerful and I am grateful for all the family and friends that are praying for us!!!


How our baby is growing:

Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With his sense of movement well developed by now, our baby can feel me dance. And now that he's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), I can see him squirm underneath my clothes. Blood vessels in his lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that his increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing him for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as our dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze him when he hears them outside the womb.

No comments:

Post a Comment