Tuesday, October 20, 2009

24 Weeks

Just a quick little entry to say how I am feeling. I have gained almost a pound a day of fluid and am up 6 pounds as of this morning. My legs and abdomen seem to be where the fluid is building up the most. I started wearing support hose today to try to help with the edema. This morning Dr. DiPiazza called and left a message on my voice mail reviewing some of my lab results with me from the weekend and also just really checking to see how I am doing. She was concerned about my glucose being elevated, as well as my sodium being low. She just recommended I lay off of the plain water and have Gatorade and watch the sugar intake. (Glucose being elevated is a side effect of the steroids, so we were not really surprised at the elevation.) She is the most considerate person and I am so fortunate to have her as my doctor!!! Anyway, I called back and spoke with the nurse and informed her that I checked my sugar at work this morning and it was 97 which was better than the numbers from the weekend. I also informed her of the 6 pound weight gain and the fact that I did not notice the gray hue in the right eye (the affected eye) but the fact that my vision in the left eye was blurry (which again I related to my glucose being elevated). She spoke with Dr. D and called back and had me have more lab work drawn today, which I did. When I got home, I went through my stash of contacts and found a different contact to try in the left eye which made the vision much better. It is like I told Shane, I think my left eye had been a little off prior to all of this, and then had to compensate when the right eye went bad and now that the right eye seems to be getting better it is letting the right eye do the work. Well, I have another ophthalmology appointment next week and will discuss that further with the doctor then!

No comments:

Post a Comment