Sunday, October 25, 2009

24 Weeks 5 Days

I finally felt a bit more productive this weekend after 'taking it easy' for the past week and a half. Of course Shane and I went to the Alabama vs. Tennessee football game, which was way too close for comfort. We were both exhausted and in bed by about 9:00 pm. We both blamed it on the sun taking the energy out of us : ) Today we went to church, ran a few errands, and then came home and washed my vehicle. Afterwards, I swept off the back porch, went and worked out, cut Shane's hair, and trimmed Zach's nails!!! It was really good to get back to the gym since it has been about three weeks, but I am hoping that I did not set myself up for being exhausted the rest of the week.

As far as an eye update, yesterday the vision in the right eye seems to have decreased a bit more. I had a visual field test when I first went to the doctor and there was a decrease in part of my visual field, but as of yesterday, I have a spot in the upper right hand corner of my visual field that is now missing. I just keep telling myself that it is a "time thing" and trying to remain patient, which I am HORRIBLE at. According to the information I have found, it can take weeks to months for this to clear up, and there is a possibility that I will not totally regain my vision. So we continue to pray for healing!!!

As far as Camden goes, he seems to be doing great!! He is a moving machine in there, and seems to stay positioned so that it is the right side of my stomach that is moving. I just love when he kicks. It puts a smile on my face every time!! I know that will change as space becomes more cramped, but for the time being it is a joy.

How our baby is growing:

Our baby is growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (about the size of an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment