Thursday, February 28, 2013

Casen's First Incident Report

Let me start by explaining how Casen LOVES to give kisses. He has been doing this for quite sometime and I absolutely just adore it. He will grab my face (or whoever he wants to give a kiss to) and then with an open mouth will 'kiss' me, generally on my jaw line. It doesn't hurt, if anything it is wet, but I just love it! Yesterday when Shane went to pick him up from school he was informed that he had been kissing a friend and left little teeth marks on his friends face. As you know, those little babies skin is much more sensitive than ours, so I was not surprised that he left teeth marks. Today when I went to drop him off at school, Ms. Caroline told me that what happened was one of his friends crawled over to him and Casen was rubbing his head. The friend got a little closer and Casen grabbed his head and gave him a kiss, thus leaving the teeth marks.

Today I received an email from Ms. Tamara telling me that again Casen kissed a friend today and left another mark. She said they had to fill out an incident report and requested that I sign it upon my arrival to pick the boys up. Well, honestly I was OK with that until I arrived and read the following report:

OK, seriously - 'gnawed on his forehead' and the word 'bit'???? Can I tell you how furious I was? First of all, my child does not crawl so he did not go seeking out someone to 'kiss' much less 'gnaw' on. That child would have had to come to him. And second of all, my child does not bite. Camden, yes he was a biter and I pray that Casen is not, but seriously at this age, I can assure you he is not biting! I understand that a report has to be written since marks were left on another child, but you could definitely choose your words better. The report that was written for yesterday's incident was much nicer and more accurate, stating that Casen left marks on another friend when he was giving him a kiss - that would be exactly correct!!

Sorry, just had to vent a little . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment