Thursday, March 7, 2013

9 Months

I know, I know, I say it every time I do an update on my children's progression, but honestly, where the heck does the time go??? I can hardly believe how big they are getting and how much they both are changing. I tell you, if the warm weather does not get here soon enough so Camden can wear shorts, I am going to have to go and buy him new pants. I have had to retire several pair just this week that were plenty long when winter started!

Let me first update on how the transition went from when I quit breastfeeding. I was soooooo dreading how our bedtime routine was going to change and was worried sick that it was going to be a miserable transition with a lot of tears shed on Casen's part. I can't tell you how wrong I was about that. Starting with night one, I simply put him in his sleep swaddler as usual, held him for several minutes until he got a bit whiney and then laid him down in bed. Done! No tears, no grunts, no nothing. Just off to sleep for him. And that is how it has been every night since. He pretty much lets me know as I am holding him when he is ready to lay down. I am generally in his room less than 5 minutes and don't hear a peep from him again until it is time to get up in the morning. Can you say awesome?????

As far as his food goes, he is eating like a champ. As a matter of fact when I picked him up from school today, Ms. Caroline told me that for breakfast he got some croissant with cheese on it and ate it right up. He has been eating Stage 3 food for awhile and has no problems whatsoever with them. He doesn't even spit the carrots back out at me like Camden used to! He loves anything I feed him and also eats arrowroot cookies, yogurt, yogurt melts and of course puffs. He just started eating cereal bars to and loves them. Honestly I had not even thought about giving him yogurt since Camden did not get it at this age due to his dairy intolerance. He drinks four bottles a day and will drink anywhere between 5 and 8 ounces each time, depending on how much food he ate at his previous feeding. He eats three meals a day as well as a few snacks in between.

He naps twice a day and generally his first nap is mid morning and last about 30 minutes. His second nap is early afternoon and it last a little longer, generally closer to an hour. He goes to bed between 7:00 and 7:30 pm and on school morning I wake him up around 6:15 am and on the weekends he usually wakes up on his own around 7:00ish just steadily chatting in his room until I go in there - which sometimes I will let him talk away for 30 minutes because I just love to hear him in his room chatting.

He is currently wearing size 4 shoes, size 9 to 12 month clothes, and size 2 diapers. The whole diaper thing makes me laugh because looking back, I had Camden in size 3 diapers by this time and gosh knows he was smaller and weighed less than Casen does, so apparently I was wishful thinking that he was big. (Funny thing is, you get less size 3 diapers in a box then you do size 2  and as cost conscious as I am, I am not sure why I was jumping the gun).

Some odds and ends: I know they say you still can not tell if they will be right or left handed, but I say he is right handed because he generally picks up his food with his right hand. He LOVES to jump up and down in his bouncer as well as swing back and forth in it. He is very verbal and talks a lot with his hands. He really seems like he knows what he is saying! He finally started saying 'Momma' a few weeks ago - if I had to guess it was because I kept threatening him that if he didn't quit saying 'Dada' I was going to run away and just let his Daddy take care of him. ; ) And this week he started saying 'dog'. Every time he sees Zach, he says 'dog'. Another cute thing he does is when we read his Farm touch and say book and get to the picture of the tractor, he will make the sound 'Vroom Vroom' when I ask him what the tractor says. Love it!
.



No comments:

Post a Comment