Monday, February 4, 2013

Happy Birthday Camden

Today is Camden's actual 3rd birthday and honestly, I still can't believe he is 3!!!! Staying with the Mickey Mouse theme from his birthday, I ordered a cookie cake from the Great American Cookie Company, but due to copyright laws, they could not put Mickey Mouse on the cookie, so I improvised.


And of course, we had to have Mickey and Minnie Mouse ears for his whole class!
Camden and some of his friends with their ears on

Ms. Dona and Ms. Amy (his teachers) participating in the fun

His class getting ready to enjoy some cookie cake.
They all seemed to have a good time - which is what matters the most!

I had read on Pinterest where a mom asked her child the same set of questions every year on their birthday to see how the answers changed over the years. I thought that sounded like a fun idea, so here goes.  . . . .

 1. What is your favorite color?  Blue
 2. What is your favorite toys? Cars (matchbox)
 3. What is your favorite fruit? Apples and bananas and crunchy things
 4. What is your favorite TV show? Little Bill and Mickey Mouse
 5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Peanut Butter sandwich and blue chips (Cool Ranch Doritos)
 6. What is your favorite outfit? Red shorts
 7. What is your favorite game? Soccer
 8. What is your favorite snack? Goldfish
 9. What is your favorite animal? Giraffe
10. What is your favorite song? We Are Young by FUN
11. What is your favorite book? Mickey Mouse
12. Who is your best friend? Olivia, Addison and Nina
13. What is your favorite cereal? Cereal with marshmallows (Lucky Charms)
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Slide
15. What is your favorite drink? O.J.
16. What is your favorite holiday? Easter
17. What do you like to take to bed with you all night? Mickey Mouse and Donald
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Cereal and marshmallows; I mean donuts
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Ice cream
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A football player


As for what is going on with Camden - well let's see . . . .
  • He is a funny, loving and sweet boy.
  • He loves his brother so very much and is always loving and kissing on him.
  • He tells me daily that I am his favorite friend - LOVE that!
  • He is very chatty (wonder what he gets that from?) Used to, our trip to school in the mornings was very quiet, but now he and Casen are constantly talking.
  • He is very independent and loves doing things that make him a 'big boy'.
  • He can be a scaredy cat, however his dad can scare the fire out of him and he loves it and laughs hysterically when it happens.
  • He is very smart and Ms. Dona says she can always depend on him to be her big helper in the classroom.
  • He loves school and daily asks me, "Where are we going tomorrow?" and when I tell him school he says, "Again? Oh goody!!!"
  • He is a great eater and will eat pretty much anything. He loves spicy food and has eaten as much as two pieces of pizza at a time.
  • One of my favorite things he says is when he sees cows or horses and says, "Look at the aminals!" I love how he says animals! I can't even bring myself to correct him.
  • He loves playing soccer, baseball, and football. He also enjoys playing with hot wheels and watching different videos on his i-phone.
  • His favorite TV shows are Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Doc McStuffins, the Backyardigans, and Little Bill.
  • He still takes one nap a day which is generally an hour and a half, but sometimes on the weekends, he will sleep almost 3 hours.
  • When the sun comes up, Camden is up - which means Mommy is up too!
  • He is very inquisitive and asks a lot of questions.
  • One other funny thing that I still laugh about is something he does daily. One day, about a month prior to his 3rd birthday, we were driving home from school and as usual he was asking me one of many questions. Sometimes his questions involve something he sees, which I do not see since I am driving and not looking at whatever he is looking at. So if I didn't know what he is talking about, I will answer his question with "I don't know." This particular day he responded to my answer in a rather annoyed voice with, "Yes you do." We went back and forth arguing that I didn't know and if I did know I would tell him. Once we got home I told Shane that I was not going to continue to argue with a 2 year old about what I do and don't know. So the next day, the same situation occurred and I told Camden that I would no longer argue with him, if I told him I didn't know something it was because I really did not know and that was that. Well, then next day, again he asked me something about a truck he saw out of his window. Once again, I answered him that I did not know since I did not see the truck. From the back seat, in a very quiet voice that he thought only he could hear, I heard Camden say, "Yes you do, " and then started talking about something else. Make me laugh! Now daily he mumbles under his breath "Yes you do," when my response to him is that I don't know and I just have to smile and chuckle to myself. Oh, what I have to look forward to . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment