Thursday, February 7, 2013

8 Months and 3 Year Well Check

Today Camden had his 3 year well check and he is doing great! He weighed 36 pounds and is 39.5 inches tall, both of which are in the 87th percentile. His vision is 20/30 in both eyes and he answered all the questions the nurse and doctor asked him correctly and did everything they asked him to do. Dr. Worrall said he is still on target to be 6' 2", but personally I think he will be taller.

Today Casen is 8 months old and luckily is doing much better than earlier in the week! I had to pick him up early from school on Tuesday due to fever and after it spiking up to 103.7 and him receiving Tylenol and Motrin alternating, I still could not get it down below 101.7. So yesterday I decided to take him to Dr. Worrall. He weighed in at 18 pounds 4.5 ounces. They tested him for flu and strep, but both came back negative. I was concerned about his right eye, which has been weeping for almost a week now and he said it could be an ear infection. After looking in his ears, he said that his right ear did appear red and questioned me which eye was the one weeping? The right - so he said that it is related. He felt like the fever was related to a viral infection, but he prescribed him Amoxicillin for the ear infection and can I tell you today, his eye is much better! I had no idea - and yes, I am a nurse! (Sometimes I can feel so dumb.) 

As we were having fun today and playing on the floor, I noticed a new little white chiclet in his mouth - his left front bottom tooth. Tooth #2 has made its entrance! I had wondered on Sunday if a new tooth was coming in because he was drooling a lot that day, but after that I didn't notice much drooling. So bless his heart, on top of a viral infection and ear infection, he had a tooth coming in!!


Casen is a joy. He loves his brother and is constantly laughing at/with him. He is very attached to me right now and any time I leave the room, he starts crying. He is eating 8 ounces four times a day and is eating baby food three times a day. He enjoys eating puffs and sometimes eats arrowroot cookies or Baby MumMums. He has a very sensitive gag reflex and will gag anytime food with a different texture hits his tongue, however he loves to eat things other than baby food. He takes two naps a day, generally around 9:30 and 2:00, but they generally are only about 30 minutes. Sometimes you may get an hour or so out of him, but that is rare. He is not showing any advancement with crawling yet, although we still are trying. He LOVES to talk and is very chatty! Sometimes he sounds like he is howling like a dog or hooting like an owl. It is so darn funny.

Very serious about what he is saying.

Sweet boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment