Friday, February 10, 2012

Two Year Appointment

Today was Camden's two year check-up. Due to our schedules, Shane was the one in charge of taking him to his appointment. Now, I always have mixed emotions about not taking Camden to the doctor because being a nurse, a mom and having OCD, I always want to know exactly what the doctor said. But, then again, Shane is a great dad and if I give him a list of questions to ask the doctor, he will do so. Today Camden was seeing a pediatrician we have seen before while our original pediatrician, Dr. Taylor, was out on medical leave, but after receiving news a month or so ago that she was not returning to the practice, we had to pick a new doctor. I picked Dr. Worrall for Camden to start using as his pediatrician because when we saw him once before he seemed to really make Camden feel at ease and was thorough. Now let me insert here, that one small part of me was glad it was Shane taking Camden because I totally assumed he was getting a shot today - WRONG!!!! Shane got off easy - it literally was just a check up with lots of questions as to what Camden was doing developmentally, which he didn't miss a one and to get his measurements. Well let me tell you, after my child being less than tenth percentile over a year of his life, today's findings were VERY exciting. He weighed 29 pounds 12.7 ounces which placed him in the 72nd percentile for weight and 36.5 inches which placed him in the 93rd percentile for height. Dr. Worrall told Shane he felt that if Camden continued to progress as he was that he should be about 6 feet 2 inches tall. I personally think he will be a bit taller than that, but of course only time will tell.


So of course Camden will now be drinking 2% milk but other than that no real changes!!! Granted we definitely need to start drinking out of a cup (which has not happened probably due to mommy's laziness) as well as getting Camden to use the potty, but that is a huge work in progress! That along with moving into big boy furniture in the near future has Camden facing some big changes. Of course, I will keep you posted!



No comments:

Post a Comment