Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Another Failure

On Saturday I went and did my one hour glucose tolerance test as well as other lab work to make sure I did not have gestational diabetes. Since my doctor told me to behave before having the lab work drawn, I have been doing pretty good decreasing the amount of sweets as well as omitting my one soda a day that I normally drink. I was praying that I would not fail the glucose test like I did with Camden, but honestly did not have a great feeling about it. Well, I finally got up the nerve to contact the doctor's office today to follow up on my test and don't you know I failed the darn thing again. They want your glucose to be less than 140 one hour after drinking the lovely orange soda, but mine was 166. Not that it is any consolation, but when I failed this test with Camden, it was 178. So, now I have to go through the 3 hour glucose tolerance test, which I am dreading like the plague! I did ask if I could wait until our spring break so as not to miss work while enduring the test and she felt that should be fine. Not that I have any control over this test, but can I tell you I HATE to fail - it just really does not settle well with me at all.

On a positive note, my TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) which was low at the beginning of my pregnancy was in range and my Vitamin D level was somewhat improved, but still on the low end. So, if you think about it, say a little prayer that I can pass my 3 hour glucose tolerance test and avoid all the 'stuff' that goes along with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment