Monday, February 20, 2012

Appointment - 24 Weeks

Today I had my 24 week appointment and as with my previous appointment, I was petrified to get on the scale - and rightfully so. I gained 5 pounds which puts my weight gain up to 17 pounds. Luckily my doctor did not say anything to me, but she really didn't have to, I feel guilty enough. The baby's heart rate was 140 bpm and I measured great. Sometime in the next week I will be doing lab work for the hour glucose test as well as a TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) and Vitamin D. I pray all of these tests come out normal. I am a bit concerned regarding the glucose test since I failed this one with Camden, but she recommended I not eat desserts for a week prior to the test as well as no eating out so as to avoid fatty, fried foods to help make sure I pass. Does she realize who she is talking to requesting no desserts for a week?? I think I will still have to have my two chocolate chip cookies at lunch - that is something that just helps me through the work day!

No comments:

Post a Comment