Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sad, Sad

I am so very sad today, and have really been so the whole weekend long. Tomorrow I return to work after being off for 12 weeks. I don't mind work and I enjoy the majority of my co-workers, but to leave my child is just making me so incredibly sad and upset. We are blessed that it will be Shane who will be taking care of Camden for the time being, so fortunately he does not have to go to day care, but I am still upset. All I can think about is the things I will miss - the little things, the new things, the old things. I will be leaving for work at 7:20 am and get off at 5:30 pm but will not be home until about 6:00 pm. When I get home I will need to pump, feed my sweet angel, get him ready for bed, and then get him to sleep between 7:00 and 8:00 pm. My time with him will be limited to one to two hours in the evening and honestly that just doesn't seem to be enough. I understand mothers do this everyday, but that does not make it any easier. And then after he is in bed, I guess I will still need to feed Shane and myself. So, I pray that this is an easy transition. The one positive in this whole situation is that I see this as a great time for Shane and Camden to bond and really learn one another. They will both learn a lot!!


I have a feeling this is how they will be napping during the day.

On a happier note, on Friday evening Shane, Camden and I went to Shane's department get-together for school at a local park. One of the graduate students is from Taiwan and she came over to me to introduce herself and to see Camden. She was concerned that we had him out since in Taiwan they don't take their children out of the house for 3 months. She looked at him and asked if we shaved his head? Ha Ha Ha!!! I explained to her that he was born without hair and he had not yet grown any. I am not sure I convinced her because she commented at least two more times that it looks like we shaved his head. I guess in Taiwan they don't come out bald!!




He looks so grown up sitting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment