Friday, May 21, 2010

Interviews and 15 Weeks

Yesterday I had to leave my wonderful husband and child to head to work. Nothing unusual about that, except the fact that I would not return until tonight. I left after work and headed in a horrible storm to Birmingham to fly to Houston. I was scheduled to leave at 7:35 pm, but due to the horrible storms, we were delayed. While sitting in the airport, the lights went out several times and the emergency lights kicked in. Finally, after the worst of the storm had passed, the plane we were to take landed. We were all thrilled, but after about 30 minutes, we were informed that the plane was broke. They had two plans, the first was to wait for the plane mechanic who was an hour away to fix the plane, and the second plan was to wait for another plane, which was to spend the night in Birmingham, to arrive for us to take. Luckily, they went with the second plan and after a 30 minute wait, a plane from Phoenix arrived for us to take. We arrived in Houston an hour and half later than expected, but at least we were there.

This morning I was awoken by my two wonderful nephews who just wanted to say 'Hi' before heading off to school since I would be gone by the time they got home from school. Even though I had just seen them last weekend, I was thrilled to see them for just a few minutes. I had two interviews scheduled, the first being at 11:00 am and the other at 1:00 pm. I must say I like both of the principals I interviewed with, but felt a better connection at the second school, Horne Elementary. Everyone was so friendly and inviting and I was able to talk with the nurse who is currently at the school. Both of the principals informed me they would contact me by mid week next week. So, hopefully within a week or so I will know if I will be employed by the Cy-Fair school district.

Luckily, my trip home was uneventful. Unfortunately, I did not get home until 8:35 pm and of course Camden was already in bed, but I went in and checked on him! I just love that child so very much!!

While I was gone, Camden learned a new 'trick', (as Shane likes to call it) just in time to celebrate his 15 week birthday. He now rolls over to his left side. He likes to lay on his play mat and look in the mirror. Shane said that if he would get his arm right, he would roll right over onto his belly. I can't believe how fast he is growing and doing new things!!!


Camden on his left side


The back view - love that little bald head.


Having a good time on his mat.

No comments:

Post a Comment