Saturday, July 4, 2015

Some Time Alone

Anyone that knows me knows I love to travel. I would go, go, go all the time if I could. Shane, on the other hand, is the exact opposite. (They say opposites attract, right?) Well, after 8 years of marriage and not one fun trip alone, I finally convinced him earlier this year to go on an adult only vacation. Woo Hoo!!! I honestly did not care where we went, I just knew that I wanted blue water, sand and relaxation. So after much research, and recommendations from several of my student's moms at school, we decided to go to Riviera Maya, Mexico to an Iberostar Resort. I thought it would be a great destination since there are straight flights from Houston to Can Cun and I could set up our transportation prior to our arrival so there were no issues. (I was doing everything I could to make this vacation as stress free as possible so that Shane will be willing to go somewhere again sooner more so than later! : )

We met my parents in Luling on Sunday and dropped off the boys for them to keep for the week while we were away. On Monday morning we boarded a plane, headed for Can Cun, Mexico.


When we arrived at our resort, we made our way to our room and then walked around the resort to get ourselves acquainted with our home for the next 6 days. Let me say, the resort is rather large, so we did a lot of walking while we were there.

The entertainment at the resort was very good. The food, which they had a wide array of choices at the buffets, was good, the coconut ice cream was AMAZING and the staff was nothing but nice.

The BEST ice cream
Two nights we ate in 'specialty' restaurants, one a steak house and the other a Brazilian restaurant and I will say the food at both those restaurants was fabulous. Unfortunately, the waters had a lot of seaweed, which was abnormal for them, but the workers did their best to keep it cleaned up. Regardless the sand was very pretty and I very much enjoyed relaxing on the beach, reading my book and people watching.

All the seaweed bagged up in garbage bags
A nice view after the bags are picked up

Enjoying some lunch at the resort mall

At night the walkways were lit nicely


One side of the pool at night


The pool area was absolutely huge.



I promise I am not topless!
 We enjoyed seeing some of the animals that are native to their land, including iguanas, and the cute coati.


Iguana
Coati




















On Thursday evening we did a fun excursion to a place called Explore Fuego. While there, we were able to zip line (both during the day and at night) over a rainforest, raft through the river caves, swim in the caves and drive ATVs. We really had a great time.


 


















When Saturday arrived I was sad to leave, however I must say we were missing the boys. We had a great time, and I am hoping that this might be the beginning of some great travels for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment