Monday, July 6, 2015

My Day With Grandma Key

One of my most favorite people on this earth is my Grandma Key. She is 97 1/2 and unfortunately her memory is failing her, as it has been for several years now. Despite that, she still has her sense of humor and looks great.



I haven't really taken the time over the past several years to spend good one on one time with her and have regretted that. So, I felt it was the perfect time to do so when we went to pick up the boys from my parents. Due to Grandma's schedule I went for several hours in the morning and then went back in the afternoon for several hours. We played a lot of cards, which was really awesome because despite her memory loss she seemed 'normal' while playing cards. She made the same comments she used to when we played when I was a kid and she still could beat me, with no problems. It really brought me back to those days I so cherished spending with her.

Low score wins . . . .
She asked me while I was there if I really enjoyed staying at their house during the summers when I was younger? She has no idea how much I enjoyed my time with her and my grandfather, the valuable things I learned from them and the memories we created. She truly is one of my most favorite people in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment