Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Last One

Yesterday as I was changing Casen's diaper I was telling him that he was going to start staying in his bed in his room. Of course he gave me smiles, as he loves to talk and smile while he is getting his diaper change. And then it dawned on me, he is my last one - my last baby. As tears rolled down my face, I thought to myself, this will be the last time I have a little one sleep in a pack-n-play in my bedroom. I no longer will have a baby in my room making small whimpers before falling asleep, stirring around in the middle of the night, and cooing upon awakening. Casen is the last one.

Now don't get me wrong, we are perfectly content having two children, and honestly have no desire for anymore. But it doesn't take away the fact that this realization yesterday made me rather emotional. As a girl, you wait what seems your whole life to have a family, and then in no time flat, it just flies by. People tell me all the time to enjoy this time because your kids grow up so fast and by the time you turn around they have moved out of the house. I always reply that I know and feel like I try to cherish each day, but really, do I? It is times like yesterday, staring at my sweet little Casen, that I realize it is going by way to fast and I need to stop and take in every moment since he is the last one.

So, as did Camden, Casen did awesome sleeping in his own bed last night. It was like he had been sleeping there the whole time. Mommy, on the other hand, did not do so great. It took me forever to fall asleep and I know I heard every little sound he made on the monitor. This transition will get easier for me thanks to how well Casen adjusts to things. I know the changes are harder on me than they are on him, thank goodness.

Casen just waking up in his crib.

No comments:

Post a Comment