Monday, August 13, 2012

A Bit of a Struggle

Today Shane and I had to return to work, which meant the boys had to head to daycare (or school as we like to call it). Camden was so excited that he was going to see his friends and woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed ready to head out the door. Casen on the other hand had no idea what was coming his direction, but woke up when I was getting him dressed and smiled and cooed at me, which helped the situation.

Ready for their first day of school
Casen ready for his first day!
Even though Camden was excited at home, I was a bit concerned that it would be a different story once we arrived to school. However, he proved me wrong, thank goodness. He was excited to see all of his past teachers, current teacher, Ms. Dona, as well as his friends and immediately sat down with Nina and started eating breakfast. He did pause to give me hugs and kisses before I headed into Casen's room to get him situated.
Camden eating breakfast with Nina

Casen and I then headed into his room where Ms. Ellen (who also took care of Camden when he was an infant) greeted us and listened as I gave her the run down of Casen's eating and sleeping patterns. Ms. Ellen has one of the sweetest souls and always makes me feel comfortable with everything. I loved on him and got him situated and finally left and headed to my school to work on my office. I must say, it was much more difficult dropping Casen off then it was Camden due to the age difference. Camden was 7 months old when he started daycare unlike Casen who is a little baby (well maybe not so little).

Camden playing in his classroom
Casen having some mat time at school
When it was time to pick the boys up, I headed to Casen's room first where I found Ms. Caroline holding Casen on her lap while he was just a cooing and smiling at her as she was talking to him. Love her!!!!! What a relief to know that she, along with Ms. Ellen, is taking care of my sweet baby boy. Casen apparently spent the day trying to get used to his surrounding and slept a total of only 2 hours the whole day and did not eat worth a darn! Casen and I then headed to Camden's room to pick him up, and he did not want to go home. He wanted to stay and play! That made me feel good - the fact that he loves school so much that he did not want to come home! He showed me the sticker he received for helping clean up and Ms. Dona complimented him on what a great helper he was all day. Love that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment