Friday, August 3, 2012

Sleep Like a Baby

I have been apprehensive to talk about Casen's sleep patterns because first, I feel like I may jinx myself and second, I keeping thinking that it is a hoax and will end at anytime. But, since this has gone on since mid July, I feel like I can safely talk about it!

Generally our day starts around 9:00 am after Casen has laid in bed for an hour to an hour and a half stretching, dozing off and on and then cooing and smiling. He eats around 9:25 am and then has a nice morning nap. He is eating about every 2 to 3 hours except during his long nap in the afternoon that sometimes lasts 3 or more hours. He has a few catnaps through out the day and evening and we have our last feeding somewhere between 10:00 pm and 11:00pm. After that it is lights out and I do not hear from him until sometime between 5:00 am and 6:00 am. Can you say blessed???? I can!!! I have been very fortunate with both of my boys being excellent night time sleepers. I will tell you, I figured I was doomed with Casen since Camden slept through the night at a very early age and because he is a better eater than Camden was, but apparently he likes sleep too - thank the Lord!!!!

Now I need to get him sleeping in his bed, which honestly I don't think will be a task, it just consists of me not being lazy and walking up the stairs to take him to his room. Once school starts it will be much easier because right now it is very convenient that he is still in our room when he wakes up between 5:00 and 6:00 am for his feeding. When school starts, I will probably be up around that time, so I won't feel like I am dragging myself upstairs to get him. Also, I didn't put Camden in his bed until he was 9 weeks old, so I can wait until next week to be fair! ; )  Sad to say, he has only been in his bed once so far, which was today because he generally falls asleep while in his swing. I keep thinking I need to be better about taking him upstairs to his bed, but know in a week he will start daycare and they will get him in a routine of taking naps in a crib. Isn't that horrible that I am leaving that to them??? (Sorry Ms. Caroline)


No comments:

Post a Comment