Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

As the years go by, Mother's Day seems to have a greater meaning. However, I still have a hard time realizing that this day is to celebrate me as a mother - I always look at it as a day for my mom. On Friday, when I picked up Camden from school, he had a card he made for me as well as a flower pot with little finger print insects painted on the outside. Inside the card was a packet of seeds for me to plant in the pot as well as a sweet picture of Camden. I absolutely LOVE those homemade items - they definitely mean the most!



 On Sunday, before heading to church, I received a card from Shane as well as a card from Camden. And let me say, there was nothing like hearing that sweet two year old voice say, "Happy Mother's Day Mommy!" as he handed me my card. We then headed to church for a Mother's Day breakfast which was very nice. After church, we went home and ate a little lunch and then put Camden down for a nap. After he got up, we headed to the mall to get what I wanted and needed - sunglasses! I enjoyed our trip in the mall, mainly because my sweet boy walked so nicely in the mall, and requested to hold my hand. I absolutely treasure those moments because I know that in no time flat, I am going to turn around and my baby is not going to want to hold my hand much less want to go to the mall with me.

After our trip to the mall, we headed to Texas Roadhouse for dinner - I just love that place and it was Camden's first time there and I think he loved it too! I did not get to eat near the amount of peanuts I normally do when I go there because Camden could not get enough of them. It was a great ending to a great day of spending time with my guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment